엘란트라 클럽싱가포르 - Elantra Club Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Poll

Which part of Singapore do you stay?

lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% [ 27 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% [ 52 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% [ 29 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% [ 8 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% [ 2 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 32 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 10 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 11 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 175

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 76 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:50 pm
Latest topics
» Radio
by nf0rc3r Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 am

» Headlight Bulb Replacement
by Kelviche Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:11 am

» STRUT BAR
by Dreamliner Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:47 am

» Customised 3M/AAA/Duo colour Carmat/Custom Fit Sunshade/Keyless/Reverse Parking/HID
by ocpi Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:49 am

» WTS : Hyundai Key Cover
by golfboy Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:45 am

lobang for petrol price and credit card

+6
Abachee
Identiti
sky devils
watme
bananah
Terry_gerrard
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Empty Re: lobang for petrol price and credit card

Post  Identiti Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:29 am

Law wrote:
Identiti wrote:
watme wrote:Sorry to ask newbie question again..

So which card should i sign up? :X

you usually pump which station? and roughly how much you pump per month?
cos from what I understand, for citibank dividend, need to have a minimum amount charged, otherwise they won't give you the rebate.

so bro any idea whats the minimum amount before u can get to enjoy the rebates...i usually uses Manhattan card leh...and there's a shell nearby my place... Smile

manhattan is by SCB. I'm not sure which petrol kiosk ties up with manhattan/SCB. but for shell it's UOB. not sure about the minimum amount. but for me, I always pump shell and my petrol usually less than $200 per month cos I don't travel much, and I use UOB. citibank dividend I may not be able to get the rebates, but UOB at least I know I can earn smart$ and use it to pay for my petrol.

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

lobang for petrol price and credit card  - Page 2 Empty Re: lobang for petrol price and credit card

Post  sky devils Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:44 am

bananah wrote:is not about rebate. is a direct 5% discount. don't need top up money de. Smile And it gives you point to change petrol. I got like 100,000 pt. lol

Wow Bro u got so much points havent claim. Think can pump at least 10 times full tank FOC petrol. Can transfer me some points? Embarassed Razz
sky devils
sky devils
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry_gerrard Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:47 am

i wan buffet can liao. i greedy. line buffet can liao.
Terry_gerrard
Terry_gerrard
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:49 am

line leh!! damn ex lor..

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry_gerrard Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 am

ok la. wahaha.
Terry_gerrard
Terry_gerrard
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  bananah Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:58 am

I think $100 worth of petrol only. Sad
bananah
bananah
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:04 am

wah.. 1 month pump 2 times ah?
then I suggest you go for the credit card that ties up with the petrol kiosk you always go, not worth for you to go for citi dividend if you don't pump esso.

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:29 pm

I discuss with my family to get the credit card for the esso extra discount, they tell me im crazy already..

Cos if sign up, only solely use on that card nia.. cant afford to do that..=\
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  bananah Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:09 pm

why cant afford? card is technical free. everytime they charge annual fee, just call and kpkb and they confirm waive. I never pay before. :S
bananah
bananah
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Im not as persuasive bah.. ahh.. forget about it liao then =\

They being stubborn one.. You can see why im driving basic than elite too.. lol....

Unless i have strong rationale behind.
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:43 pm

watme wrote:I discuss with my family to get the credit card for the esso extra discount, they tell me im crazy already..

Cos if sign up, only solely use on that card nia.. cant afford to do that..=\

what you mean by solely use on that card? why cannot afford? its the same as using other cards to pay for the petrol, just that this one has got more privileges?

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  PeripheraL Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:38 pm

as long you clear your bill end of the month the card is usually foc except for annual fees (usually can waive off).. i using hsbc get 11% off at caltax..
PeripheraL
PeripheraL
P Plate
P Plate

Back to top Go down

Post  Abachee Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:46 pm

PeripheraL wrote:as long you clear your bill end of the month the card is usually foc except for annual fees (usually can waive off).. i using hsbc get 11% off at caltax..

11% off you can still take it huh? Haha..
Abachee
Abachee
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  PeripheraL Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Abachee wrote:
PeripheraL wrote:as long you clear your bill end of the month the card is usually foc except for annual fees (usually can waive off).. i using hsbc get 11% off at caltax..

that's the most already.. i use citibank only 10% off.. nets 5%.. ocbc and hsbc same 11% off.. what to do Crying or Very sad
PeripheraL
PeripheraL
P Plate
P Plate

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:19 pm

for bros who regular shell. from petrolwatch:

UOB One still has a better discount than other UOB platinum cards.
This is because if you spend $300 or $800 every month, you will get $30 or $80 per quarter respectively to offset your credit card bill.

so this is a good excuse for me to chalk up $300 on petrol every month! Very Happy

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Abachee Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:33 pm

PeripheraL wrote:
Abachee wrote:

that's the most already.. i use citibank only 10% off.. nets 5%.. ocbc and hsbc same 11% off.. what to do Crying or Very sad

You should go to Esso petrol kiosk there and asked for a Smilely card like Smile Driver rewards card and you get to enjoy another 5% more.
Meaning whenever you pump the petrol as Esso, you give them your citibank credit card & the Smile Driver card, you instantly get 15% off the price for the petrol.
Abachee
Abachee
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry_gerrard Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:21 am

watme wrote:Im not as persuasive bah.. ahh.. forget about it liao then =\

They being stubborn one.. You can see why im driving basic than elite too.. lol....

Unless i have strong rationale behind.

btw you just tell yr parents logic stuffs lo.

if yr dad driving then he apply and u sub card.
means my card is under my dad de. bcos his fuel consumption is higher than mine.
he got company lorry and car. therefore he save alot.
for my case i just use lo.

Citibank it tempting. wahaha.
Terry_gerrard
Terry_gerrard
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:56 am

As its a credit card.. i guess they wont apply it for me..

Immediately they say " huh! credit card? cannot la!!"

Unless debit card or what. then maybe i can apply only.. =\
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:03 am

then usually you pump petrol from your own account? or they pump for you?

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:26 am

Using UOB debit card..
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:58 pm

For the DBS Esso Platinum Mastercard.. whats the minimum spending? is it over??

How about the Citibank Dividend Visa/Mastercard (Esso)? Min Spending is...?

Today i pump esso.. realised Shell price is same as Esso! Wah piang..

Anyway.. this car only pump once in 1.5 ~ 2 week like that...

Which one advisable huh?

Sooner or later, next time my parent will ask me pay petrol ownself.. then i cant afford to miss any discount..
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:15 pm

I suggest you stick to one brand to avoid losing points. if you want to go for esso, and if it's not too far away from home, then don't go back to shell unless you really need it.
for me, no matter how attractive the discounts for esso and caltex are, I still stick to shell cos of my points and the card I use to pay for petrol. best of all, shell is just right behind my house and the nearest esso is a few km away. caltex isn't anywhere near either.

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:18 pm

My house very near to Shell and Esso..

But dont know why.. when i use SPC.. it was like total 480 clocked in the computer...

Recently using Esso, only 439... just now i pump full. its only 429.. dont know why it drop until so jialart but im driving normally with all the place usually i go too..

Actually i just joined Esso last month, which im still confused to continue using it or not..
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm sure most of the bros here will recommend esso, cos of the discounts. how much do you usually spend on petrol per month? maybe the bros here can help you analyse. Smile

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:28 pm

As usually my mother will pay for the petrol...

She will mostly use UOB bank only.. due to some reason which i dont think i can reveal, cannot apply credit card with the income i got.

But i check UOB.. nothing much yet only for Shell..

I check SPC.. it has 18% discount with POSB Everyday card..

Ok.. let me give a rough estimation.. Usually pump once in two week or less...

More or less only $200 bah..

Tomorrow i will check the receipt i keep..
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  bananah Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:28 pm

could be u drive more and more fierce. initially using SPC you were more careful. thats my thot. Smile
bananah
bananah
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:34 pm

bananah wrote:could be u drive more and more fierce. initially using SPC you were more careful. thats my thot. Smile

Maybe i keep thought that Esso have alot of "kick" so i keep chiong more.. LOL!!

But im still considering which one more discount.. must see which bank can apply loh.. but UOB for Shell not much discount sia..
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:44 pm

depends on what card you use. if its the normal UOB Visa/Mastercard only 7.9%.
the UOB One Card that I'm using is 9.8%.

if you are referring to debit card, then I suggest you look at the debit cards for each banks..

Shell:
UOB Visa/Mastercard - 7.9%

Esso:
Citibank Visa/Mastercard - 10%

Caltex:
HSBC Visa/Mastercard - 15%
Safra membership - 11%
OCBC Visa/Mastercard or Titanium - 13%

SPC:
POSB Everyday Mastercard - 7.9%
DBS Visa/Mastercard - 8%

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:45 pm

since you are paying using debit card (which I suppose is your own account), you may want to open a citibank account and go for esso? since you said you have shell and esso near your house. IMO no point travelling far just to go to caltex or SPC just for the discounts, not very worth it.

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  bananah Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Friday we go pump petrol with my card. I take 1% commisson. win win. Mad lol
bananah
bananah
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Identiti wrote:depends on what card you use. if its the normal UOB Visa/Mastercard only 7.9%.
the UOB One Card that I'm using is 9.8%.

if you are referring to debit card, then I suggest you look at the debit cards for each banks..

Shell:
UOB Visa/Mastercard - 7.9%

Esso:
Citibank Visa/Mastercard - 10%

Caltex:
HSBC Visa/Mastercard - 15%
Safra membership - 11%
OCBC Visa/Mastercard or Titanium - 13%

SPC:
POSB Everyday Mastercard - 7.9%
DBS Visa/Mastercard - 8%

THANKS BRO!! GOOD INFORMATION!!

In this case, i think apply a citibank account should be the best...

the 10% is 5% smiles + 5% from the bank right??

By the way, its this card you refering?

http://www.petrolwatch.com.sg/credit-card-details/32/dividend-visa-mastercard-esso-.html
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:02 pm

no I wasn't referring to the dividend as it's a credit card, not debit.

5% is definitely have, the on-site one no matter what mode of payment you use. additional 5% is from the bank, whether it is direct discount or rebates I'm not very sure. but for UOB Shell it's smart$ whereby it's a rebate. you can use it to offset your petrol payment the next time. but I keep for 2 years plus then redeem, can only redeem $60+ lol.

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Oh i see..

From what i can remember from the receipt just now i pump ( receipt in the car now )

Its like.. 2.190 per litre.. But i see a discount of $9.. I pump about 40L..

If im not wrong its like 10% already wor.
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:09 pm

then should be direct discount ba..

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  watme Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Ya.. like that forget about the discount already ba.. 10% i happy liao...

My parent is crazy, they say if esso and shell same, go with Shell better as my dad car pump shell too.. lol :S

Im just being afraid to pump SPC.. after hearing its bad.. somemore its further than my house!
watme
watme
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:28 pm

nothing to be afraid of pumping SPC, ok one.
as for your parents, maybe it's your dad's preference ba.
actually to convince them to sub one card for you, you can actually tell them to limit the amount to less than $500. but of cos, you have to control lor, and let that card be purely for petrol.

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry_gerrard Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:38 pm

very easy de. when u need to pump petrol then ask from them lo.
but i use two card. stand char to buy things and dbs for petrol.

too many headache.
Terry_gerrard
Terry_gerrard
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:51 pm

haha same, mum only sub 2 cards for me.
UOB for petrol, HSBC for school fees which I feel is more than enough for me.. lol.
but having cards from different brands can be a good thing also, means more discounts! but have to be sure you don't overspend la.

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry_gerrard Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:59 pm

how to control when temptation is there!!!
Terry_gerrard
Terry_gerrard
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Identiti Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:12 pm

this all boils down to self discipline liao.. hahaha!

Identiti
Speeder
Speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next